Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, sliced fresh jalapenos, shredded lettuce and lime wedges
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, corn, rice, water, taco seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender and mixture is slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Divide tortilla chips among 6 plates; spoon beef mixture over chips. Serve with toppings as desired.
1 serving: 676 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1293mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
What is Your Home Worth?
Source: Taste of Home